2.3.10

Exploration

There's a certain allure to the idea of hinting at nudity, playing with it like a delicate bubble. The goal is to stack as many as you can on top of the other until all explode because the laws of physics likes to crush the magic of liquid bubbles.
So nudity. Should it be filtered against those who find it questionable?


WARNING NAKEDNESS
*photoshoot by Mario Sorrenti. Model: Raquel Zimmermann




In letterpress I decided to make my own calling cards. Its going to have my wonderfully long name and email and the theme is clowns. After spending about the 3 hours working on setting the type, I finally finished and put in the girl clowns to surround my email. Proudly I expected Miss Denise to tell me 'good job.' Eagerly watching her count off the spacers and reversed letters, she takes a moment to actually look at the little clowns.
'Uhm, Carmen, maybe you want to change you're figures?' Her face is sort of pensive. At first I give her a questioning look.
'Why Miss Denise?' And then my face becomes alarmed.
'Does it look stupid?!' Miss Denise just smiles.
'No, well. I mean, the clowns-they're naked.' At that moment I decided that Miss Denise is my new favorite art teacher, who I respect, look up to, and actually admire.
'HAHA! Oh, Miss Denise I know that already!' We smiled big smiles.
'Ok Carmen, just making sure.' Tomorrow I think I'll be printing them out, and I'm excited!





Back to the wonderful case of nudity, I really like it when its tastefully done. Of course the usual problem with models is that they suffer from being underfed, but if you can just ignore that for a bit and observe the curve of the body, the way she bends her waist and the muscles contracting on her thighs. Very interesting poses too. I'm really impressed with this photoshoot. That ribbon body suit is so beautiful, I can't stand it.







The past few weeks have been ok. I skipped out on my figure drawing class because I was feeling shitty, and now I'm really regretting it. And I'm having a problem with censorship in my art design class, for the stupidest reason in the world. My dad once again said I'm never going to get into college, which is very tiresome to hear every few weeks or so. But at least I'm slowly exploring my creativity.



Arts always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment