4.3.10

Childhood Haunts

Don't you love it when a conversation starts with 'Hey, do you remember that one TV show from when we were younger...' And then all the pieces fall into place and you're remembering those Saturday mornings in your onesie pjs, slurping cereal with eyes glued to the screen.

For me I was a huge fan of Sesame Street. These were the days when kids shows were educational, not stupid. (Dora the Explorer was something I could never stomach, even though it taught me spanish) Others were hard-core fans of the Muppets, but the only thing I've ever seen with them in it is 'Muppets A Christmas Carol' which i LOVE watching all the time.

Anyways, today I stumbled across a few looks that hark back to our wonderful memories of simple
naivete.

Above: Valentino, emulating Red from Fraggle Rock
Above: Chris Benze emulating Wembly from Fraggle Rock
Above: Osman, trying Sweetums from the Muppets
Above: Peter Som, taking the cue from the one we love best- Cookie Monster. I really really love the color of the fur on this coat, but nothing else you wear would be able to ccompliment the intensity of it.

Above: Alberta Ferreti, doing Sam the Eagle from the Muppets. This ones my favorite look. Yes, it does look like a muppet skin but the style of it is very cute.

All pics taken from here, all from the designers' fall '10 lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment