5.1.10

Lovely day


I am going to tell you a secret....I've already started looking for my prom dress!!!
Yes! I am obsessed with going to prom! I can't deny it, and it will be
perfect and amazing and a night to look back on years from now.
Except the thing that I realized last night a 2am when surfing the intranet
was that I am searching for the wrong dress.




WRONG. I CANNOT wear anything like this at all.
1. No one will be taking prom as seriously.
2. No one gives a fuck about who's in the best dress.
3. No one wants to talk to you if you look too overdressed.
D:
The reason I'm so attracted to this dress is because it'll make me feel like a princess.
In reality, I'm just going to have to be the chamber maid.
Slightly Less Daring Dresses
50's Tulle: This dress is better because it's not too dressy
and not too casual.
It has that flair that I want, but deep down
it doesn't have enough of it. Still, it should look good.
Strapless
dresses go well with my clavicles. I just don't know if I'll be able
to handle the peach color though...
The area around the bust
looks kinda funky. Since I have no chest without a pushup bra I can't risk it being too loose.
The color doesn't look good at all in this picture :(
Little Black Sleeves: I actually just found this. Right now it seems to be just the perfect dress.
(since I can't have the heart one)
The sleeves draw attention, whether I wear them up or down and it’s strapless. Since its so short I’d be able to pair it with tights, and if I choose to wear a headband/bow than it would compliment it.
Its also a great price. It’s definitely one of those dresses I’d wear over and over again.
The logistics of how short I am compared to this towering model might put a damper on things.
But do you see how easy it would be too accessorize and make a little theme?
Another dress I happened to find tonight. (I think the model could’ve been doing a better job for the frontal picture though.)
This dress has a lot going on, maybe even a bit too much. I wouldn’t be able to wear tights underneath, forget about anything on my head.
The dress would be the whole statement, from the huge bow to the details of lace.
I can’t even think of what type of jewelry to wear that wouldn’t look like I’m way too topsy-turvy. But its rather fun, and looks to have more of a tighter fit around the chest.
The more I look at those
little rhinestones the more I hate them. I think thats what makes this dress walk the fine line between what's cohesive and what's a train wreck.
I like this dress more because it's black. Yes, black is my safety color but its always going to be the best color for my skin tone.
The sleeves of the dress are a great eye catcher, and if I can style it just right, I could make look good.
For this dress it'd have to be all in
the shoes. (And another height problem.) Maybe a small bracelet matched with a clutch and that'd be it.
It just occurred to me that it might be really cold, which would then make this dress a little bit troublesome. I'd have to make sure the sleeves don't deflate.
Still, this dress almost has everything: the strange look, black, slim fitting, and daring.
The only problem I see
is from the fabric itself.
I like bone crushing corsets built in, but this dress obviously doesn't have it. A big worry/failure would be if I bought the dress and then it turned out I wasn't exactly waifish enough to pull it off.
Prom is going to be the death of me.

1 comment:

  1. can i even post here? is that wierd?
    i think its awesome that you are finding cool interesting dresses. and supporting organic fashion, and this blog in general. as for the dresses:
    as for the pink one, i say, why not?
    its utterly fantastic. its utterly pink too, but i don't think you mind that too much. nobody is going to judge you for looking too good, trust me. if we're going to do this, lets do it right. its a beautiful dress and you would look fabulous in it.
    the tulle is kind of boring.
    i actually am not crazy about the next one. i think its too short and not particularly flattering.
    i actually really like the next one( with the model you thought did a bad job) except for the bow.
    I hate the 80's one. no good reason.

    anyway, you might not want my input at all, but here it was. i know this dress thing is an ongoing thing and obviously my opinion matters very little in the scheme of things. go with whatever 'makes your heart sing', to be corny.

    ReplyDelete