23.1.10

Dapper Young Men

One of the few trends I ever see is a guy wearing a relaxed version of a suit. Girls are fine with pairing a black blazer or jacket with dark jeans or little dress, but I think the general conclusion of teenagers who wear blazers is douche, right?
That's if they can't pull it off, and very few can ever make it happen. The only place I'd find a guy wearing a blazer/jacket would be at the local flea market at the Rose Bowl. He'd be a little indie kid of course :P
I think its just the whole lack of well dressed boys wherever I go.

So going with this whole thing of wishing more guys would dress like there's no tomorrow, the brand's Roberto Cavalli and Costume National really get the point across.

For Roberto Cavalli, his fall 2010 collection really put a spin on the usual fabric used for dress suits. I kinda have a twisted sense of the Mad Hatter meets Sherlock Holmes meets antique store clothes. Its actually quiet nice, and the models look very dashing. Their laced boots give the perfect piss off attitude any British boy would have. Another interesting accessory is their scarfs. Silk with an old fashioned print just makes me think of them having tea! I'm too imaginative for my own good.







*note: I just realized that I'm giving a recap from Costume National's fall 2009 show...deal :)

While Cavalli wants to give men the chance to show that they have a wild side while still looking like they have a day job, Costume National wants to remind women that men in black will take your breath away. In fact you might even need an inhaler.
The color palette was entirely black, gray, and a little touch of white. The models? To DIE FOR.
Seriously, Costume National snagged all the soft looking men to wear black as night suits and the overall effect was stunning. Very effeminate, which is what I love in men. (Hairy guys disgust me)
Also, Costume National had a nice decision of having one of the models carry a cigarette down the runway. I've seen this on another runway, with the girls smoking and holding Starbucks, but I can't remember which. But its a nice touch, trying to show that any guy on the street would wear one of their suits and smoke a cigarette. Now enjoy the beauty :D






5 comments:

  1. Ahh it's Ash! My most recent obsession...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait who's ash? which one is he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one w/the cigarette and the very last one. Gorgeous, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maddie removed her post....?
    omnomnomashstymest.
    I love mens fashion week!

    ReplyDelete